Photo credit: Google-Family Guy TV Show I was perusing IG when the usual annoying commercial rolled through my feed. It was a Campbells ad about an interracial family who used one of their soups to make a family traditional meal. I thought it was cute - it showed an intact household of an average middle … Continue reading Bible Smack Down
I was having a conversation with a friend and the topic turned to guns. He believes that liberals are threatening to take away all guns and this will cause a civil war. Image Credit: Google My rhetorical statement was the privileged would be willing to destroy a way of life over something so stupid. When … Continue reading U.S. Privileged
I posted the poem below on my Poems and Short Story blog but I thought I would reblog it here to talk about a few things.
1. For men, giving their bodies in sex or sexual related activities does not always have the same deep meaning as it does to women.
2. For women, if we haven’t given ourselves to someone who is the right guy, in the right relationship, for the right reasons, then we feel shame and can struggle with guilt.
3. Christianity emphasizes the idea of virginity and ‘purity’ for women but not at all for men. There are not many men who feel the need to become a born-again virgin because their sexual history is praised but for women it is the opposite. We have to constantly atone for our sexual behaviors.
4. As women, we do have to be mindful of our sexual behavior because it affects our self-image and self-esteem due to society’s pressure and views of women and sex. A guy can be a stud with many women but a woman is a slut with less than a handful of partners.
5. Women are taught that sex should always be coupled with marriage or a long term relationship and love. Men are told that sex is an important part of their masculinity and a needed commodity so, they should strive for it from women whether there is an emotional connection or not.
6. The messages about men and women’s bodies and sex are the polar opposite. While for men, the act is something to be proud of because it gives experience, but for women, its shameful because we are too free and we are not showing respect for ourselves.
7. The Bible is a Christian’s playbook and there is no disputing that it frowns upon sex before marriage. If we all followed that guideline, then everyone’s first sexual experience would be after the “I do” and then you figure out the mechanics from there.
8. However, that is not always the case for the majority. For women, the rules will always be more strict, whether we like it or not, we have internalized those rules and we still have to be mindful because sex for us is tightly linked to our emotions.
My body is a wonderland
not given to any man freely
It wasn’t made for high speed traffic
periodic or random visits
nor a ride at Disneyland
designed for your selfish pleasure
It was meant to be handled delicately
like the rarest treasure discovered
Peel away the layers
it houses the heart of its existence
more priceless than any metal
Pardon my foolish oversight
in letting down my boundaries
It’s all back in good order
If you want full exclusive access
then prove you can pay the price in full
with all that God intended
Disclaimer: This post will offend people. This post will not be filled with hateful rant. However, I will entertain mature discussions I do not keep up with the ever changing categories of gender and sexual orientation so, if I get something wrong outside of the male, female, hetero and homo categories, then feel free to … Continue reading Gender and Sexual Fluidity
I hold on to the good things while dismissing the bad things or I hold on to the bad things which eclipses the good things Which one are you? When people walk into a therapist's office, they are usually at their wits end. Their way is no longer working - the cup hath runneth over … Continue reading The Unresolved Destruction
The recovery process in life is arduous whether it is from injury, illness, traumatic event or emotional distress . When you are in the middle of your situation, your mind is busy reacting or planning to keep you afloat. It is almost automatic survival mode. However, once the urgency and crisis have passed, it is time for … Continue reading Learning to Recover
Yeah, I know, there should not be much to say but keep reading. I was bad 😈. I was all for the ‘I will save myself for marriage’ thing years ago until I honestly confessed to myself and God that ‘I don’t really buy into it.’ (Hold your stones). I still do support those who believe that no-sex before marriage … Continue reading Sex (lack of) and the Single Christian☺️
Christianity was born from Jesus being the antithesis of the ruling religion, beliefs and practices of the day. He was crucified for being liberal. I was reading a young Christian man's post about rules on dating and he took the stiff culturally traditional views and added some bible verses (out of context) to support his preferences. In the post, … Continue reading Jesus and Christianity Were Liberal
Almost everyone is familiar with the expression 'the one that got away.' I know a few people have stories. The bottom line to such stories are about people who have loved and is longing for what they don't have. Whether the 'the one that got away' was real love, our minds create it as the epic sad … Continue reading Tired of Being Single – Love and Longing
It takes a lot to get up, put your gear on and drive yourself each day when there is no purpose or goals between wake up and bed time.