Photo credit: Pixabay.com; Artist: sasint Dear Married People, These are a few thoughts from your single friends who are not miserable. Let me be free to live the life I have chosen. Let me do what’s in my best interest. Sometimes, some of us were in a crappy situation and now are happy to just … Continue reading Dear Married People
I posted the poem below on my Poems and Short Story blog but I thought I would reblog it here to talk about a few things.
1. For men, giving their bodies in sex or sexual related activities does not always have the same deep meaning as it does to women.
2. For women, if we haven’t given ourselves to someone who is the right guy, in the right relationship, for the right reasons, then we feel shame and can struggle with guilt.
3. Christianity emphasizes the idea of virginity and ‘purity’ for women but not at all for men. There are not many men who feel the need to become a born-again virgin because their sexual history is praised but for women it is the opposite. We have to constantly atone for our sexual behaviors.
4. As women, we do have to be mindful of our sexual behavior because it affects our self-image and self-esteem due to society’s pressure and views of women and sex. A guy can be a stud with many women but a woman is a slut with less than a handful of partners.
5. Women are taught that sex should always be coupled with marriage or a long term relationship and love. Men are told that sex is an important part of their masculinity and a needed commodity so, they should strive for it from women whether there is an emotional connection or not.
6. The messages about men and women’s bodies and sex are the polar opposite. While for men, the act is something to be proud of because it gives experience, but for women, its shameful because we are too free and we are not showing respect for ourselves.
7. The Bible is a Christian’s playbook and there is no disputing that it frowns upon sex before marriage. If we all followed that guideline, then everyone’s first sexual experience would be after the “I do” and then you figure out the mechanics from there.
8. However, that is not always the case for the majority. For women, the rules will always be more strict, whether we like it or not, we have internalized those rules and we still have to be mindful because sex for us is tightly linked to our emotions.
My body is a wonderland
not given to any man freely
It wasn’t made for high speed traffic
periodic or random visits
nor a ride at Disneyland
designed for your selfish pleasure
It was meant to be handled delicately
like the rarest treasure discovered
Peel away the layers
it houses the heart of its existence
more priceless than any metal
Pardon my foolish oversight
in letting down my boundaries
It’s all back in good order
If you want full exclusive access
then prove you can pay the price in full
with all that God intended
I think the words "picky" and "choosy" are more frequently and negatively applied to single women trying to find a mate than to our male counterparts. Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com The Basics of Women No matter how independent women are, they truly appreciate men who know how to lead. Do not confuse leadership with … Continue reading Be Picky
Today, I am in a mood. It’s the irritated for no specific reason but there are underlying reasons kind of a mood. Oh course like many country songs, this mood spurred me to write about the frustration of finding good supports when you are single. I am in a unique situation. I am a single … Continue reading Single Support Frustration
If a man (Christian or secular) constantly looks at you with lustful eyes (or what you perceive to be lustful), do you think there is room in his mind to think of you with respect and appreciation? Think King David and Bathsheba or even your own experiences. I would love to hear your responses in the comment section or send me … Continue reading Question for the Unedited Readers
Ladies, if you have been single for awhile, most of you know that your friends and family try to set you up with everyone but the homeless guy...uummm... well, does the homeless guy look good? Then he can be a fixer-upper. Everyone has potential. I can have a sense of humor about it but every now and … Continue reading Man to the Rescue
I am horny as hell and I just can't take it anymore. 🙂 . How many women have you heard say such an unladylike thing? How many Christian women would dare utter those words? 😮 . I have been sitting on this post for a few month trying to decide whether I should be this forthright and then I thought … Continue reading A Woman’s Active Sex (Over)Drive
Of everything in the Bible and the modern world, sex has stood the test of time to be the most vilified and misinterpreted act. Yet, it is still an intriguing activity in which probably 99.9% humans and 100% lower animals engage. Frankly, we could have a conversation about poop more easily than sex. Why is that? … Continue reading Misconceptions of Sex?
In case you did not know and the blog page did not tip you off, I am single actually terminally single. In my opinion that status is neither good nor bad but just is what it is. I feel a certain amount of comfort with that status and I see the green side of the … Continue reading People in Relationships Overly Concerned With Singles
In the last few weeks, I had an inordinate amount of interest in my single status. No, it's not men flocking to 'rescue' me from being single but friends who want to save me from an eternal single life. I guess they think being 39 with minute interest in marriage is not normal. I handled the … Continue reading Recognizing the Greatest Blessing is Love