Photo credit: Google-Family Guy TV Show I was perusing IG when the usual annoying commercial rolled through my feed. It was a Campbells ad about an interracial family who used one of their soups to make a family traditional meal. I thought it was cute - it showed an intact household of an average middle … Continue reading Bible Smack Down
Photo credit: Pixabay.com; Artist: pixel2013 I saw a video circulating a while ago of a pastor and his wife preaching. He was admitting to the congregation his wrong doings with a woman. Actually, he was skirting around the issue of accepting responsibility. He pretty much blamed the kitchen sink. His wife took the microphone and … Continue reading Emotional Affairs – What’s the Big Deal
I might be a little scattered with this blog but walk with me. I woke up this morning feeling energized for the rainy and overcast day. I had plans to go watch How to Train a Dragon but the weather nixed that idea. (Yes, I do still watch kiddies animation movies with adult themes. It's … Continue reading A Plane Crashed
One of my greatest strength is my mind. I pride myself on taking a situation and running multiple scenarios in a matter of seconds in order to make decisions or solve a problem. I can be logical which is very efficient for me. However, one of the downsides is that I ruminate. This is something … Continue reading Deadly Distracted Mind
Recently, I found myself very angry. Red hot poker angry at someone. I was at home stewing and marinating on why 'you' made me angry. After hours, sleep and more ruminating, I could not stop feeling all these emotions - betrayed, disappointment, used etc. I felt so justified. I felt like a victim. Right before … Continue reading Boundaries – Disappointing Self
I was having a conversation with a friend and the topic turned to guns. He believes that liberals are threatening to take away all guns and this will cause a civil war. Image Credit: Google My rhetorical statement was the privileged would be willing to destroy a way of life over something so stupid. When … Continue reading U.S. Privileged
On my Instagram, I wrote the following meme: This was in reaction to the message I kept seeing that said (paraphrase) you can still have a very close friendship when you catch up with each other every month or every few months and it will be like you haven't missed a thing. Two of my … Continue reading Quality Time: Role of Friends
Photo credit: Pixabay.com; Artist: Concord90 Happy Valentine's Day to all the lovers or people who will be trying to fill their mandatory romance quota for the year - from yours truly, a terminally single woman V-day had never packed much fanfare for me. I am not sure why it never really caught on. I guess … Continue reading V-Day
I posted the poem below on my Poems and Short Story blog but I thought I would reblog it here to talk about a few things.
1. For men, giving their bodies in sex or sexual related activities does not always have the same deep meaning as it does to women.
2. For women, if we haven’t given ourselves to someone who is the right guy, in the right relationship, for the right reasons, then we feel shame and can struggle with guilt.
3. Christianity emphasizes the idea of virginity and ‘purity’ for women but not at all for men. There are not many men who feel the need to become a born-again virgin because their sexual history is praised but for women it is the opposite. We have to constantly atone for our sexual behaviors.
4. As women, we do have to be mindful of our sexual behavior because it affects our self-image and self-esteem due to society’s pressure and views of women and sex. A guy can be a stud with many women but a woman is a slut with less than a handful of partners.
5. Women are taught that sex should always be coupled with marriage or a long term relationship and love. Men are told that sex is an important part of their masculinity and a needed commodity so, they should strive for it from women whether there is an emotional connection or not.
6. The messages about men and women’s bodies and sex are the polar opposite. While for men, the act is something to be proud of because it gives experience, but for women, its shameful because we are too free and we are not showing respect for ourselves.
7. The Bible is a Christian’s playbook and there is no disputing that it frowns upon sex before marriage. If we all followed that guideline, then everyone’s first sexual experience would be after the “I do” and then you figure out the mechanics from there.
8. However, that is not always the case for the majority. For women, the rules will always be more strict, whether we like it or not, we have internalized those rules and we still have to be mindful because sex for us is tightly linked to our emotions.
My body is a wonderland
not given to any man freely
It wasn’t made for high speed traffic
periodic or random visits
nor a ride at Disneyland
designed for your selfish pleasure
It was meant to be handled delicately
like the rarest treasure discovered
Peel away the layers
it houses the heart of its existence
more priceless than any metal
Pardon my foolish oversight
in letting down my boundaries
It’s all back in good order
If you want full exclusive access
then prove you can pay the price in full
with all that God intended
So, it was time for me to renew my passport. Like everyone else, I hate those dreaded mandatory pictures you have to take. Well, because I didn't rehearse my facial expressions, I had one bland look for the 6 photo op. When I got the pictures back, I HATED them. They looked like mug shots … Continue reading Superficial Friday