Are there any good men left? That question was posed to me by someone who was looking for companionship but has entangled herself into some unsavory situations. A few days before that, a man was in distress after finding out that his spouse was cheating with a married man for over a year. Yet, she … Continue reading Are There Any Good Partners Left?
Mohamed_Hassan/Pixabay.com Oh stop it! Laugh with me. So I was at a work bridal shower recently and the Mrs-to-be quizzed the attendees on their marriage advice. I said "run" and the person beside me said "like the wind." 🙂 I was actually joking but the person beside me was serious. She was a divorcee who … Continue reading Marriage Advice: Run…Like the Wind
"I am just angry at everything" "You just need a hug," the friend continued "whenever I give you a hug, you feel better" Reluctantly "yes" When I was younger, I had lots of (good) touch, hugs and kisses. I relished them in my teens and early twenties. However, when I went off to college and … Continue reading I Have Forgotten the Importance of Touch
Don't get your hopes up 🙂 I haven't been on a date in ages... dinosaur ages I say. ... and I am okay with it. Is there something wrong with me? Nahhh. Bless you men and women out there who have the stamina to go on dates after dates and constantly meeting new people and … Continue reading Dating Anxiety
I was talking to a young man in his early 20s who has a chronic low mood. This was not my first time interacting with him and just like in the previous encounters, he projected the Eeyore (Winnie the Pooh) personality. He wants life to be easy. He wants life to be comfortable without having … Continue reading 12 Reasons To Live
Photo by Harleyq2 I am always thankful that God has given me the opportunity to see another year of life. In usual fashion, I took my birth week off from work and this time, I decided to add my parents to the mix. They celebrated their anniversary. My parents are aged and I had decided … Continue reading Birthday Bliss & Blisters
On my Instagram, I wrote the following meme: This was in reaction to the message I kept seeing that said (paraphrase) you can still have a very close friendship when you catch up with each other every month or every few months and it will be like you haven't missed a thing. Two of my … Continue reading Quality Time: Role of Friends
Photo credit: Pixabay.com; Artist: Concord90 Happy Valentine's Day to all the lovers or people who will be trying to fill their mandatory romance quota for the year - from yours truly, a terminally single woman V-day had never packed much fanfare for me. I am not sure why it never really caught on. I guess … Continue reading V-Day
I posted the poem below on my Poems and Short Story blog but I thought I would reblog it here to talk about a few things.
1. For men, giving their bodies in sex or sexual related activities does not always have the same deep meaning as it does to women.
2. For women, if we haven’t given ourselves to someone who is the right guy, in the right relationship, for the right reasons, then we feel shame and can struggle with guilt.
3. Christianity emphasizes the idea of virginity and ‘purity’ for women but not at all for men. There are not many men who feel the need to become a born-again virgin because their sexual history is praised but for women it is the opposite. We have to constantly atone for our sexual behaviors.
4. As women, we do have to be mindful of our sexual behavior because it affects our self-image and self-esteem due to society’s pressure and views of women and sex. A guy can be a stud with many women but a woman is a slut with less than a handful of partners.
5. Women are taught that sex should always be coupled with marriage or a long term relationship and love. Men are told that sex is an important part of their masculinity and a needed commodity so, they should strive for it from women whether there is an emotional connection or not.
6. The messages about men and women’s bodies and sex are the polar opposite. While for men, the act is something to be proud of because it gives experience, but for women, its shameful because we are too free and we are not showing respect for ourselves.
7. The Bible is a Christian’s playbook and there is no disputing that it frowns upon sex before marriage. If we all followed that guideline, then everyone’s first sexual experience would be after the “I do” and then you figure out the mechanics from there.
8. However, that is not always the case for the majority. For women, the rules will always be more strict, whether we like it or not, we have internalized those rules and we still have to be mindful because sex for us is tightly linked to our emotions.
My body is a wonderland
not given to any man freely
It wasn’t made for high speed traffic
periodic or random visits
nor a ride at Disneyland
designed for your selfish pleasure
It was meant to be handled delicately
like the rarest treasure discovered
Peel away the layers
it houses the heart of its existence
more priceless than any metal
Pardon my foolish oversight
in letting down my boundaries
It’s all back in good order
If you want full exclusive access
then prove you can pay the price in full
with all that God intended
While sitting at the table of life, Jesus came to take your order. You put away the menu and went off the cuff "could I have a order of toxic relationship please and make it extra spicy so I feel the burn for a long time." Some people were born into toxic situations (you know … Continue reading An Order of Toxic Please