On my Instagram, I wrote the following meme: This was in reaction to the message I kept seeing that said (paraphrase) you can still have a very close friendship when you catch up with each other every month or every few months and it will be like you haven't missed a thing. Two of my … Continue reading Quality Time: Role of Friends
Photo credit: Pixabay.com; Artist: Concord90 Happy Valentine's Day to all the lovers or people who will be trying to fill their mandatory romance quota for the year - from yours truly, a terminally single woman V-day had never packed much fanfare for me. I am not sure why it never really caught on. I guess … Continue reading V-Day
I posted the poem below on my Poems and Short Story blog but I thought I would reblog it here to talk about a few things.
1. For men, giving their bodies in sex or sexual related activities does not always have the same deep meaning as it does to women.
2. For women, if we haven’t given ourselves to someone who is the right guy, in the right relationship, for the right reasons, then we feel shame and can struggle with guilt.
3. Christianity emphasizes the idea of virginity and ‘purity’ for women but not at all for men. There are not many men who feel the need to become a born-again virgin because their sexual history is praised but for women it is the opposite. We have to constantly atone for our sexual behaviors.
4. As women, we do have to be mindful of our sexual behavior because it affects our self-image and self-esteem due to society’s pressure and views of women and sex. A guy can be a stud with many women but a woman is a slut with less than a handful of partners.
5. Women are taught that sex should always be coupled with marriage or a long term relationship and love. Men are told that sex is an important part of their masculinity and a needed commodity so, they should strive for it from women whether there is an emotional connection or not.
6. The messages about men and women’s bodies and sex are the polar opposite. While for men, the act is something to be proud of because it gives experience, but for women, its shameful because we are too free and we are not showing respect for ourselves.
7. The Bible is a Christian’s playbook and there is no disputing that it frowns upon sex before marriage. If we all followed that guideline, then everyone’s first sexual experience would be after the “I do” and then you figure out the mechanics from there.
8. However, that is not always the case for the majority. For women, the rules will always be more strict, whether we like it or not, we have internalized those rules and we still have to be mindful because sex for us is tightly linked to our emotions.
My body is a wonderland
not given to any man freely
It wasn’t made for high speed traffic
periodic or random visits
nor a ride at Disneyland
designed for your selfish pleasure
It was meant to be handled delicately
like the rarest treasure discovered
Peel away the layers
it houses the heart of its existence
more priceless than any metal
Pardon my foolish oversight
in letting down my boundaries
It’s all back in good order
If you want full exclusive access
then prove you can pay the price in full
with all that God intended
So, it was time for me to renew my passport. Like everyone else, I hate those dreaded mandatory pictures you have to take. Well, because I didn't rehearse my facial expressions, I had one bland look for the 6 photo op. When I got the pictures back, I HATED them. They looked like mug shots … Continue reading Superficial Friday
All my cooking recipes start with quick, simple or easy. If a man plans to get with this single lady, it will not be for my cooking. He will fall in love with my mind, witty sense of humour and my smoking hot body - 😂. KITCHEN SKILLS - NOT Exhibit A - My shoddy … Continue reading Ideal Woman – Not
The quickest way to resolve a problem is to blame someone else. Photo credit: Google search No? You don't agree? I was reading an IG post that talked about watching your tongue and something hit me. I had to immediately take responsibility for being the little devil when it comes to talking bad about someone. … Continue reading I Am The Problem
Some days are hard to get up. It's even more difficult to get dressed and get out. It is not necessarily depression because there is no sadness but a pitfall lack of motivation and a heap load of fatigue. There is not much juice left in the mind and body except to be lethargic and … Continue reading Getting Up & Out Difficulties
I think the words "picky" and "choosy" are more frequently and negatively applied to single women trying to find a mate than to our male counterparts. Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com The Basics of Women No matter how independent women are, they truly appreciate men who know how to lead. Do not confuse leadership with … Continue reading Be Picky
"I was the best thing he ever had""She won't find anyone better" "No woman will ever treat him this good" Still Salty? Photo credit: Pixabay Artist: Comfreak Bitterness is a nasty pill to taste but it is even worst when you carry it around with you. When a relationship blows apart, the first thing … Continue reading Your Arrogance
I am not afraid of change and I tend to move when my internal clock says it's time to get going. After that message is sent to my brain, I start my journey. I feel like I am on a never ending journey that is like a roller coaster. I am not sure if I … Continue reading You Know When You Know